This ‘food’ is marketed as healthy, yet the wrap alone contains 16 ingredients.
Food Allergy vs Food Sensitivity
- IgE antibodies give an immediate reaction following ingestion that is easy to identify.
- Severe symptoms are known as anaphylaxis.
- Reactions include: Swelling at the mouth, trouble breathing, hives, cramping or diarrhoea.
- 8 foods contribute to 95% of allergies: Soy, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, wheat, eggs.
- IgG antibodies give a delayed response.
- Foods can be difficult to identify as the reaction can be 3 hours and up to 3 days after ingestion.
- Causes various symptoms.
Food sensitivity symptoms may include:
- Bloating, constipation, diarrhoea, acid reflux, heartburn, gut pain, gas, irritable bowel syndrome;
- Obesity or weight problems;
- Migraines, headaches, nasal congestion or asthma;
- Sore joints, muscle pain;
- Skin problems (acne, eczema);
- Hyperactivity (ADHD);
- Auto-immune diseases.
Our gut today is the same as it was 100,000 years ago, but we now expect our bodies to process poor lifestyle choices (stressors) like processed foods, alcohol and antibiotics. When the digestive system is bombarded with these stressors it causes a stress response and becomes irritated and inflamed. The gut lining becomes dysfunctional, blocking nutrient absorption while allowing undigested food particles to enter the blood stream and prompting the body to initiate an immune response, that in turn, can lead to the symptoms mentioned above. A healthy gut lining that forms a barrier is critical for digestion and immunity (80% of your immune system is found in the gut).
Simplified digestive tract
By identifying food sensitivities, they can be removed from the diet, allowing the gut to repair itself (gut lining is replaced every 4-5 days). The body can then recover, symptoms will be removed and the body can return to a more balanced state allowing you to achieve your health goals, such as losing weight, increasing muscle tone and feeling healthy from the inside out.
Note, if other stressors like chemical, electromagnetic, physical and mental/emotional stressors, remain present this will cause an increase in cortisol levels (stress hormone) and a decrease in DHEA (growth and repair hormone). This ongoing stress disrupts the gut’s ability to replace and repair itself.
Food sensitivity test
In order to unearth your ‘ideal diet’, you need to understand what foods you react to. Food Sensitivity Testing examines 93 high-risk foods and has partnered with a US laboratory with over 10 years of extensive experience in specialist food intolerance testing.
As a Kaizen health coach, I recommend these high quality food sensitivity kits that provide a simple at home test, delivered to you. Instructions guide you through the simple process of taking a dry spot blood test and posting it. Within a few weeks you will receive a comprehensive report clearly detailing your sensitive foods and a suggested gut healing programme if required. Additionally, you will receive a consultation with a nutritionist to answer any of your questions.
If you are ready to prioritise eliminating your sensitive foods, reducing inflammation in your body and feeling healthy from the inside out, contact me today.